Sunday, January 18, 2015

Why all authors should live on a island alone (but would write boring books in they did)



In the last couple of months, my blog posts have been pitifully sparse. 

Let me tell you why.

I am insane, that’s why.   
I thought I could take on selling my house, building a new house, preparing to publish a super-fun supernatural first book in a series (The Secret Keeper) and raising two teenagers and a tween. Oh yeah, and somewhere in there, I have to keep my marriage afloat.


If you looked up overloaded, overstimulated and just plain stretched in the dictionary, there would be a picture of me with a glazed expression in my eyes holding a piece of cardboard with the world HELP written on it. Ever have one of those seasons?  Well my craziness is in full bloom. Soooo….I decided that instead trying hide my temporary mania from you, I’m going to include you.  For the next few months, I’m going to take you on my journey with me. I’m going to tell you about the good, the bad and the ugly and at the end of the day in April when my book releases and my new house is complete and my old one sold, we can both breathe a sigh of relief.

Actually, I think it will be kind of fun. When I get back the manuscript from the editor, you’ll be right there with me. When I finally sell this @#$$$%^& house, feel free to revel in my victory, have an extra piece of chocolate or whatever gets your mojo going.   Expect reports two to three times a week.  I think I can do this and I hope you come along and enjoy watching my suffering and ultimately my survival.   Thanks for stopping in tonight. For tomorrow’s post, Eating Pizza at the park with Cats.  See you soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment