Monday, August 26, 2019

An occasional book review

Hi all! Every once in awhile if I read a book that impresses me, I'll post a book review. The author community is full of the nicest people and we love to help each other out. But I only write a review if I feel like the work is professional and can be enjoyed by other people. And your are up for a little sweet romance, I have a book you might like.

So on to that book review. If you are a fan of Regency Romance I'd like to tell you about. Sally Britton. Her book was called Discovering Grace. 

 Such a pretty cover! This is a story of twin sisters who are quite different from one another. One is brash and prefers adventure and drama while is the other is content with a quiet life and prefers to work in the back ground. Through a series of events, the sister who loves nothing more than being home in her comfortable surroundings is commanded by her father to go on a year long voyage overseas with some family friends. While the one who yearns for adventure is forced to stay home in their sleepy but close-knit community. In defiance, the girls decide to trick their father and switch places. Once the adventurous twin is gone, the setting is perfect for Grace(the quiet one) to discover many things about herself while acting like her sister. And most importantly, the timing is right for a love that never could've happened while her sister Hope was living at home. The pacing on this story felt just right, and the romance had gentle build up until each character saw things as they should be. This was my first time reading Ms. Britton's work and I was impressed with the professionalism of her writing and her ability to paint  a picture with words. If you enjoy a good romance, you might enjoy Discovering Grace. Apparently, there is also a second book in the series about her sisters adventures overseas. I'll have to get my hands on that one:) 

As for me...back to writing. I'm working hard on the second book in my Kiss Series. Book 1, Five Days Five Kisses has been doing really well. 

Now that Nikola's story is published. It's time to tell the world about Liberty and her accidental brush with love. Book 2, Five Kisses One Problem, coming right up. Well as soon as I can anyway. 

I hope you all have a great week. Tell someone they are love today. They might need it<3

-Angela
Spinner of Tales

No comments:

Post a Comment