Saturday, March 30, 2013

Me and Patrick the Starfish on the Edge of a cliff

I was looking at my activity on social media the other day and I realized it must look like I’ve fallen a cliff. It's true, most of the time I am just holding onto the edge for dear life, but at the same time I've managed to keep on writing. Here is what I have been up to.
In the last few weeks I completed a manuscript of about 74000 words. A YA contemporary about twin sisters who are best friends until they hit high school and the social chasm between them grows. Then in a tragic turn of events, Jesse is given the chance to live her sister’s life…and that is where the story starts to get interesting.  If you’ve ever thought someone else’s life looked better than yours, you’ll connect with these characters. I’ll be posting excerpts soon and hope to put this book in your hands before too long!
Also, the screenplay for Shackled was completed and is now sent out into the world. I can’t give you too many details except to let you know that the screenplay writer did an amazing job keeping the essence of this Lucy and Ryan’s story and I know it will be an awesome TV movie once produce.  As soon as I can, I’ll let you know more.
Finally, I’ve started two new projects. One is a sequel to Unbreakable Love. Jennie’s little sister Kate is all grown up and a junior in high school, but she doesn’t get a guardian angel. This time, it is her future husband who needs a little extra help. Not to give too much away but I’ll just throw the word crazy love triangle out there. As expected, there will be both men and angels worth swooning over. Need I say more?
Finally, I’m outlining and starting to write my first trilogy. I’m so super excited because this story is different than anything else I’ve ever written. It is futuristic, and complex and everyone lives in houses hooked to tracks.  This story haunts me and I just can’t wait to get out of my head onto paper.
Well, there it is…my crazy little writing world. Thanks for stopping by for the 411J   

No comments:

Post a Comment