Monday, June 9, 2014

A Fairylicious Review for Wings by Aprilynne Pike

 



As a fellow author, I find it hard to write reviews for the books that I read. This is mostly because I understand the time, passion and effort that goes into producing anything half decent. That being said, I’d like to try to write reviews once in awhile,especially for books I feel comfortable raving about.

One such book is Wings, by Aprilinne Pike. I actually met Ms. Pike at a conference. She was kind and we talked about the challenges of raising a young family and becoming a well known author. I decided to give her work a try and I’m so glad I did. 

In wings Ms. Pike creates a wonderful juxtaposition of magic and reality when sixteen year old Lauren wakes up to find that a magnificent blossom has grown from her back. This sends Lauren on a journey to figure out who she is. David, her newest friend and soon to be love interest is guy worth dreaming about. He not only helps her, he stands by her as she discovers that her strange blossom is the least of her worries. The more she learns about her strange past, the more danger her family is in.

Without spoiling the end for you, Ms. Pike sets up the rest of series with a tantalizing love triangle and Lauren more caught between worlds than ever.  If you’re wondering, I’ve already started the second book in the series. If you like a little bit of fantasy and lovely writing that leaves you invested in the characters, you’ll love Wings.

Kudos to you Ms. Pike: Now I just have to find out what happens to Lauren, David, and Tamani in the next book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment